What perishable items do you have to send?
- Garden vegetables
- Homemade cake (with icing!)
- Flower bouquet
- Country Fair desserts
- Coney Island hot dogs
- Frozen fish
- That special pie
Pak Mail Fort Wayne has all the materials needed to properly pack your perishables and the experience to pack them with care.
- We have styroboard coolers or we can line any box with styroboard to make a cooler.
- We use ice packs to keep items cold while in transit. We always have some in the freezer ready to go. We prefer to not use dry ice due to shipping regulations, dangers in handling, and costs.
At Pak Mail, we want your perishable items to arrive fresh so here are a few tips to consider:
- Time in transit:
- Avoid having the package sit over a weekend so ship early in the week (Monday or Tuesday)
- Longer distances may call for using overnight or second day services instead of the slower ground services
- Ask us when the carriers pick up packages from us and bring your items in close to that time. Be sure to allow for packaging time. We have a very small refrigerator and freezer which we have used to hold items to pack up closer to the pickup times.
As with all items we pack and ship, we will work closely with you to provide what is needed to meet your needs.